[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Microwave Oven Transformers (MOTs)

In a message dated 5/2/00 4:10:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Gavin & Weazle,
>
>  I disagree.  I don't think the physical or electrical differences between
>  the two MOTs will make much difference if the primaries are wired
>  antiparallel and the secondaries in series with the cores grounded.  The
>  MOTs will be practically independent of each other in such a setup anyway.

Greg,

You're correct, it doesn't matter much.  When I used 4 MOT's in
series, they were all completely different and ranged from small
1500 Volt units to larger 2000 Volt units.  The set up gave 62"
sparks.

Cheers,
John Freau