From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 4:23 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: IR remote control?

Original Poster: "B2" <bensonbd-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Jan,
    Radio Shack (or equivalent) sells a Sharp brand infrared detector
with a schematic for a nice detector circuit.  It looks like a silver
cube about a half inch on a side.  I use those cheap ($3 each)
infrared remotes from the Electronics Goldmine to trigger the circuit
up to 30 feet away (they all seem to work).  I once rigged a 600 kV
Marx generator (via Maxwell 100 kV trigger generator) to erect from 30
feet away every time I pushed the button on the remote (3 foot
lightning bolts on demand :).  The RF didn't seem to bother it at all.
I built it into a plastic box!

Barry