[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ohio scientific induction heater

rrrr & Bill,

I doubt you want to use the induction heater "as is".  As Bill said, any
usual secondary which resonates at 1 mHz would not withstand 10 KW.  But by
replacing tank (plate) tuned circuit with a TC primary and MMC cap, and
adding a feedback coil for the grid, generally following whatever circuit
it now uses, you could have a great performing TC at whatever frequency
your secondary resonated at.  This assumes a vacuum tube type, but a spark
gap type would be just as adaptable.  We need more details of your
induction heater, including the circuit and values, before more specific
comments can be made.
--Steve