[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aluminum magnet wire?

Hi Terry, all,

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi Aric,
>
>  I have seen magnet wire made every imaginable way.  However, I never
> imagined it made from aluminum ;-)

I was lucky enough to be given a pretty large reel of insulated Al
wire. It seems reasonably durable and I have no reason to think it
won't work fine in a TC secondary. I will most certainly wind one with
it one of these days.

BTW - I have an apology to make - I didn't do the coil expts I
promised last weekend as I had a sick wife to attend to. However, all
should be on for this weekend and I have a fellow coiler coming over
to participate.

Regards,
Malcolm
<snip>