[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary voltage

Hi Ron,

> Original Poster: "RON QUIRING" <ronrenee-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Is there an ideal primary voltage? Does final spark length correlate
> directly with va input to the primary? Will final spark length change,
> given the same va input if v approaches an upper or lower limit of an
> 'ideal' range?
>
> Ron Quiring, Cambridge Ontario.

Ideal to me would be as high as possible keeping energy in mind as
well. It can be shown from a number of angles that better efficiency
in the primary circuit can be had by running a lowish current.
Consider also that the Vdrop associated with the gap becomes a
less and less significant proportion of Vp as Vp climbs.

IMHO.
Malcolm