[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Primary Design

Hello Nick and list

I use a double stacked primary just like this on my 5kVA, 200mm coil! I use
20mm for the acrylic. In NZ, 3/8OD copper automotive tubing comes from the
shop (Mitre 10) already wound into this form (with the pipe ends at the
outside of each stack, winding inwards and joining at the inside of each
stack).

I am using this approach because it keeps the primary compact, primary
inductance high, and it looks slightly unusual. I'm still tinkering with
this system, but initial tests look very promising.

Safe coiling,

Gavin Hubbard