[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Vacuum discharges and Tesla Coils / Tesla light bulb patents

Hello Jeff and all,

This subject is very fascinating to myself as well, as the artistic nature
of energy, is expressed so much by Tesla coils and their effects upon
nature. I for one love to see the, seemly, chaotic view of nature close at
hand.

-more below-

At 04:39 PM 9/10/99 , you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Jeff Behary" <jeff_behary-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Hello,
>
>I have noticed with the old Violet Ray Electrodes some interesting
>phenomenon as well.
>
>(This next tube is a Violet Ray surface electrode, powered by a 50,000V
>disruptive discharge coil ("Violet Ray" Machine))
>For one, I've noticed a violet discharge through half of the tube;
>The other half being dark, but the end (opposite the electrode end)
>phosphoresces yellow-green in lines similar to "lines of demarcation"
>
>Now, it seems awfully peculiar that BOTH ionisation (of appreciable value --
>an apparent geissler degree of vacuum and crookes degree of vacuum in the
>same tube.
>
>Now, in my huge "Medical Electricity" volume there is a mention of an
>"inbetween" vacuum where both occurances seem to happen in the same tube.
>But a single sentence is all that is mentioned.
>
>I've noticed this with 2 or 3 Violet Ray electrodes (I must have 3 or 4
>dozen...)
>
>It doesn't seem possible...?  Perhaps these are cathode rays and not x-rays
>in such tubes (as the ionisation would imply not a high enough vacuum) ...
>
>---
>Now, where regular plasma discharges occur in a modern lightbulb, I would
>guess that any green phosphorescence of glass would be caused from
>ultra-violet radiation on soda glass... ???????  I've noticed this too in
>some modern bulbs.  Someone surely can explain this phenomenon....I hope.??

I am sure someone can, but not me. But I do know that the *old* "cold
cathode" x-ray tubes were dependant on some gas present in them in order to
get the "accelerated" electrons.

>----
>
>THIS whole discussion is so fascinating.  First of all, as a painter and
>real enthusiast of colour, the discharges from Geissler/Crookes tubes are
>really >incredibally< beautiful and so difficult to describe in words.
>Espescially tubes that form moving discharges,  canal rays, etc.   It is so
>ironic that such beauty --
>phosphorescence of minerals, etc, can be so spectacular and at the same time
>[deadly] and very harmful in radiation aspects.

If you want to talk about "deadly beauty" then you should have been there
when I got to see a Radium source the Curies (actually it was Marie Curie)
had given to a old man in Grand Junction Colorado. It was in a blown glass
vial that had become quite discolored (after some 50-60 years), and
produced the most beautiful violet glow. A very deadly violet glow, as it
contained almost one gram of Radium Chloride, just under a *Curie* of
activity. Also for more fun you could allways watch a fuel reshufle and
inspection at a Nuclear Power Plant to see the beauty of nature that
perhaps is of the most deadly style. See a shot of a job I covered as a
Health Physics Tech at North Anna Power Station back in '93. Movin' fuel:
http://www.pond-dot-net/~davidt/webdoc3.htg/North_Anna_Pool.jpg

>-----
>On a different note, have also experimented to some extent with Tesla's
>light bulb ideas, using antique lightbulbs.

I am interested in Tesla's single elctrode x-ray bulbs, have you ever see
any of those? What type of light bulb exirements are those you have done?

>>>snip<<<

>But not Jeff Behary.
>Best Regards.
>http://www.lvstrings-dot-com/quack.htm
>Electrotherapy Museum
>
>PS
>I am going to have some of Tesla's light bulbs made according to his lecture
>notes/patents.  Has anyone else [in the last 50 years] done this??

Let us know they come out and perform.

Regards,

David Trimmell