[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils !!!

 ----------
Greg Murray

Adam,
          Out of boredom, I once lit up  several mercury vapor
 bulbs with a regular TV Flyback transformer. I would imagine
 that a small TC would do the trick too. One of the bulbs I
used was a clear Sylvania model HPS1001MED  the other
was a 'frosted' Phillips Ceramalux. Unfortunately, I do not have
any equipment to measure X-rays, so I couldn't tell you if they
are produced. Also, I have never heard that they produced X-rays
 under normal use, but I could be mistaken. If you really WANT to
produce X-rays, try a cathode ray tube. Hope this helps.

 Regards,
                Greg Murray (waltmurray-at-msn-dot-com)
               -Museum of Science, Boston