[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils.no surprise

Jeff and company
Anytime you use a cold cathode arrangement and
the Crookes dark space extends the length between
the cathode and anode a robust electron beam is
produced. Geissler tubes generally operate with a
full length dark space. Realize, that this is a partial
vacuum which is necessary for positive ion travel to
bombard the cathode to release electrons.
Expect X-Rays ..don't be surprised by them.
Be careful.
John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.                       Aurora University
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
347 S. Gladstone Ave.                          Aurora, IL  60506
630-844-5539