[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beginner Tesla Question

The one in Edmund Scientific uses a conical coil with a small ball for a
terminal, while most coils will use a cylindrical coil with either a
large sphere (like a VDG) or a toroid. I should also not that the one in
ES is very low power, and I don't think it uses the normal TC
configuration, in that it has (I think) mechanical interrupters and extra
low-voltage components.

At pupman-dot-com you must have seen a few pretty massive coils, used for
some SERIOUS discharges (multiple feet). The ES one puts out only a few
inches, so would be good for small table-top physics demos.

hope this is what you were looking for,

-Grayson Dietrich
"The Electrophile"
www.electrophile.8m-dot-com