[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

POLE PIG QUESTION

Hi fellow coilers:

Any referrance I've seen on the SIG about pole pigs seems that
the ones available in the U.S. are 14 kilovolt units.  Here in
southern Ontario, Canada, the feeders both in towns and rural
areas are 4800 volt, with a slow change to 16 kilovolt taking
place over the next 10 years.  That means there will be a lot
of the 4800/240-120 pigs coming available.

Is it possible to design and build a TC based around one of the
4800 volt pigs that would work as well as a higher voltage unit?
Would I possibly have to series the secondaries of two pigs to
get up closer to the 10,000 volts usually used?

On another note, what does MMC stand for?

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca