[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PFCs

Hi Grayson,
                 MOCs (MicrowaveOvenCapactitors) are more than specified for
PFC duty - unfortunately it would take a bank the size of your neon as they
are only 1µF each at most and about the size of 3 cassettes stacked on top of
each other . They are rated at about 2kV AC but this derates very quickly as
the dielectric is mylar.  The resistor is simply to stop microwave techs.
from killing themselve on a charged cap.  It is typically a meg or so.

BTW: I've had a busy weekend so if you've mailed me and i haven't replied
don't worry ... Now how the heck d'ya get these cufflinks in ............

Regards
Nick Field