[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FAQ (PDFs)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:58:12 -0600, you wrote:

>Original Poster: Mark Finnis <mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
>
>At 20:29 21/10/99 -0600, Neon John wrote:
>
>... Snip ...
>
>>If the only excuse for not using PDF is that Acrobat costs real,
>>actual money (gasp!), then I'll volunteer to typeset and encode the
>>documents here.  I have just about everything Adobe makes.
>
>I would support PDF as a choice.  Seems crazy in 1999 to be even remotely
>concerned with ASCII art etc.
>
>Mark
There is a 'free' way to create PDF's - sometimes. Acrobat Exchange
was (is? ) included on Linear Technology's data CD-ROM (1996 v1.0),
which many of us electronics types will have on their shelf. This
includes PDF writer, which can produce PDF from any windows app. by
pretending to be a printer driver.