[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More pig qustions

The oil also serves as a coolant to get the heat away from the core.  In
its original application, the oil covering the core would help cool it as
well. Also, transformer cores are supported off the bottom of the tank to
allow room for crud and water to settle out to the bottom.  After all,
these things are designed to be bolted to a pole in the great outdoors for
40-50 years.

In your application, I think that all you need to worry about is the
insulation aspect, i.e. keeping the windings covered and cool.