[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FAQ]

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Grayson B Dietrich <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>
>
> Nick, Travis, All,
>
> I completely agree with the frequent lack of lucidity when it comes to
> ascii diagrams, schematics, and formulas. I've seen some pretty confusing
> examples, and feel confident that I would be able to help rewrite most
> items to be a little clearer. I've been complimented before by some
> listees on my ascii skills, so I might be able to help in this area.

Why not? I would like to have both available so that those with text only
screens can see SOMETHING. There aren't that many people out there that view
in text, but hey, it's usefull. But for newbies, puzzling out what the ASCII
schematic symbol for a coil is becomes a bit of a pain. I've seen some
excellent ASCII art, and maybe they would have an eaiser time if that were
the case. But "a picture is worth a thousand words". And no ASCII art I've
ever seen comes close to a decent GIF or JPEG. Even for the basics like a
schematic.

Most people online these days have the tech and the bandwidth to view a basic
website with pics. I don't see any reason not to provide it for the majority
and then run a translator on it to get a text version for those that want it.
It's very little extra work to write or to maintain.

All of this is starting to go far afield for the tesla list. Let's just write
it and then worry about all this. Anyone is welcome to contribute anything
they wish and I'll include as much of it as I can.

Travis