[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: PFCs

For kicks, I once tried using motor starting caps for PFC's.  The case
became quite warm within less than a minute of run time.  Useless.

Start caps are only designed for brief, intermittent operation, when a motor
is just spinning up.  Motor Run caps are designed for continuous operation.
You want to use motor RUN caps for PFC's, not motor START caps.  Too bad,
the START caps are so much cheaper!

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA