[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FAQ]

Hello, Everyone

>                   I agree that ascii art is not the best.  However it does
>make life a hell of a lot simpler for all concerned.  As browser standards
>change and god knows what else the html wil outdate.  I know all this stuff
>is supposed to be backward compatible but I had to re-code most of my site
>with the coming of IE5 and whose's to say that IE6 won't be the same.  As
>most tesla coil cicuits are simple to say the least I don't see any need to
>make life harder than It has to be.
>Ascii art also has the advantage of being compact so that those of use with
>limited Internet access can still get our files fast - bear in mind this
>thing is gonna be the best part of 200 pages long if its all done
throughly.
>If we agree that the text editor is the lowest common denominator -
notepad -
>then this saves lots of messing around with fonts etc.  Which really would
>screw up ascii art.

Just my two cents worth, I for one think that ascii art sucks when your just
beginning in coiling.  As most of you know, I've only been coiling for a
little over a year now, and when I now look at ascii art I can work it out
if I study it closely.  But, when I was first starting out, Gary Lau sent me
an email concerning SW caps and provided me with a schematic for the layout
in ascii, it took me nearly two weeks to totally work it all out.  While I
know that ascii makes everyones life a little easier, I'm speaking from
experience here, but ascii art sure is difficult for the newbie.

Kent