[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: flyback TC

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:17:04 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Peter Murphy" <pmurphy-at-terrigal-dot-net.au>

Hmmm, when I tried a jacob's ladder with it it got one single hot spark
and the tv would turn off.  Then I used high series resistance and it
worked.  Sort of.
I think I not what did the limiting now that I took the TV apart.  There
is a single loop on the core that goes to a TRIAC in the main power
supply. Perhaps if this recieved not enough current the power goes off
because it think's there is a short somewhere.  In the future I might try
just putting a small 1 amp transformer on the TRIAC's gate to keep the
flyback.

and the shadowmask in the picture tube
> will
> heat and warp.

Gee darn;)

> The voltage is determined by the size of the tube 30kv

Actually 30.5kv;)

sounds like a
> set
> around the 30 inch mark 14 inch sets run at about 22kv.
> Think you will need more current for TC use others on the list
> should be
> able to give you circuits and mods for running flybacks.
> Pete the TV Repairman

Thanks for the pointers