[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aluminum electrodes in TCBOR static gap

<< Snip
 >> The gap unit WAS firing and making a huge glow, but no spark. I
> >Snip

> What do you mean by this? Did the gap have a different sound than
> usual?. Usually, I do rough tuning, etc "by gap hearing". The sound of
> the gap is a good story teller. It will tell you if you are in tune,
> warn  snip

Reinhard, Don, Malcolm, all,

This sounds very much like something that Malcolm mentioned about
his single static gap running well at low voltages, but just "fizzing" at
higher voltages.  This sounds like a total power input power arc....no
quenching at all.  In other words, like just arcing a NST as in a Jacob's
ladder more or less, possibly caused by overheating of the gap.

cheers,
John Freau