[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

longer sparks (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 02:06:19 +0000
From: yubba-at-clara-dot-net
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: longer sparks

Hi All,
	I have just tried ganging two 9kv 50 ma neons together. The
results are quite spectacular. I am now getting hot white 30"/34"
sparks to a grounded rod. This is about the limit I can go to in my
garage. I noticed that the bolts holding the cement roofing panels
to the wooden beams were arcing as well as lots of other things. If I
put some ally sheeting on the roof and walls and ground it will this
stop the arcing to the bolts. I am getting more  worried about the
fire risk with this extra power. I am also concerned about induced rf
currents going though the brick wall to the carpentry shop next
door. I am sure I would not be popular if my nieghbor got a shock
while using his bandsaw. I have plenty of old printers plates to do
this with. Anybody had the same problem?

cheers
bob golding