[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Beginner Tesla Questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 10:21:24 -0500
From: Spud <spud-at-wf-dot-net>
To: Tesla Coil Webring <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: More Beginner Tesla Questions

Hey, I just need to get a few more questions answered before I get all my
parts and start constructing my own Tesla coil.  First of all, is the same
wire that is coiled around the secondary connected to the torus on the top,
or does the torus just sit there and draw electricity somehow from just
sitting there? (May be a stupid question, but hey, if the primary drives
the secondary with no hard wiring, maybe the secondary has the same effect
on the torus. :)  Secondly, how am I going to coil that tubing for my
primary into a neat little conical spiral? (Or is there an easier or more
effective way to do it?)  Another thing - aren't we concerned about the
sparks from the torus tracing back and striking the primary?  If so, why
would you construct the primary right there around the base of the
secondary, about 2 feet from the toroid, with no cover or anything?

	Thanks,
	    Ryan