[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sad news, and repair question

This may be way too simple but is it possible that when you secured your
tap wire that you did it in a way that caused it to change the
inductance of your primary?  If your tap cable was straight and
perpendicular to the turns of your primary and then when you secured it
you curled it around sort of parallel with your primary turns, I suspect
that would throw off your tuning and could explain the racing arcs and
poor output.