[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: salt problem.

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Michael Ackerson" <mackerson-at-powerlink-dot-net>
>
> How do you keep salt dissolved in water, when ever I set it (capacitor)  up
> the salt keeps settling to the bottem after about an hour?

Settles to the bottom?  I think there's something fishy about that.  Are
you heating the water up and making a saturated solution?  That would have
the salt tend to crystalize as the water cooled.  Generally, the salt
_SHOULD_ stay in solution until the water is boiled off(admittedly, I am
somewhat vague on certain aspects of my chemistry knowledge, but I'm
fairly certain that the salt shouldn't settle out).  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson - Self-employed Megalomaniac
paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net
Member of the Sarnia Linux User's Group
http://www.sar-net-dot-com/slug
http://zephyr.sellad.on.ca/~paul
"The bomb will never go off.  I speak as an expert in explosives."
   -- Admiral William Leahy, US Atomic Bomb Project.