[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sad news, and repair question

In <4.1.19991002082222.009efc80-at-pop.dnvr.uswest-dot-net>, on 10/02/99
   at 08:22 AM, Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> said:

>Original Poster: "Andy Cleary" <gemware2-at-dreamscape-dot-com>

<snip>

>Did one of the wires break in my secondary coil? If so, is it worth
>fixing?  Will it work if I try to fix it?  How do you fix it
>properly?  And, why did my coil start acting abnormally?  Thank you
>in advance,

>-Andy

If it is just the insulation that is burnt off, then scrape the burnt
stuff out with the point of a knife and paint it with some enamel. If
the wire is burnt through, then peel back three or four rounds and
solder the ends back and paint with the enamel. I have done this
several times and it works fine.

Alan