[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Welders for limiting...

if you want to use a welding machine to control the pig.....
buy one that draws about 60 amps -at-240 V ( you will find this on the
welders info plate...) NEXT when you hook this thing up to the pig be
sure to wire it correctly  ;) ( you will need to get an extra socket
assy to do this )  and read the info booklet about DUTY cycle it is
important...!!!   if you decide to load up the welder to full working
amperage to draw alot of current for the pig   do it for only short
periods of time ( like about 10 seconds then let cool for 1 minute) if
you dont you WILL fry the primary of the welder in no time flat. and be
sure to run a #6 or 8 wire from your feeder box to the welder with a
seperate circiut breaker in its own box ( this will keep the "system"
from drawing current from the air conditioning circuit ) soooo  in
reality consider spending an additional 200$ to set up the welder ...

Scot D