[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST vs. MOT ???

You can series up two MOT's with no problem, but when you start to series
more, you run into an insulation breakdown problem.  The insulation between
the core and the 110V winding isn't good for thousands of volts. IN a
typical MOT, one end of the HV winding is connected to the core and sits at
ground.  When you start seriesing, the core has to float at HV, and
breakdown between the core and the line winding is likely.

Adding diodes and making DC doesn't help, BTW...

However, you could rig up a pair of half wave voltage doublers on the
output.