[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Quick Question

Hello, Phill

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:20:46 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "EXT-Peterson, Phillip P"
> <Phillip.Peterson-at-West.Boeing-dot-com>
>
> Hi,
>   I'm sorry for questions that are obvious to all others.
>   What does the acronym "pig" mean when referencing power
> distribution
>        transformers?

Just that- a distribution transformer. It is a shortened form of the
affectionate pet name of "Pole Pig" given them by some folk of the past.

>   What does the acronym "MMC" refer to when discussing capacitive
>        banks?

MMC- "Micro Mini Cap" or "Multi Mini Cap", meaning a large number of
smaller capacitors arranged in a series/parallel config. to achieve the
neccesary voltage/capacitance/current carrying requirements.

> Thank you from a new list member!
>
> Phill Peterson
> (phillip.peterson-at-west.boeing-dot-com)

No problem!
welcome aboard.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com