[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Moody Bible Institute & Tesla coils

The recent observations on the Moody Institute remind me that it was
probably Moody that fired up my interest in Tesla coils just 60 years ago
this year.  As a kid of 11 I would go, after school, to the World's Fair
at Treasure Island, San Francisco, always trying to visit my favorite
attraction which must have been put on by Moody:  An evangelical preacher
illustrating his sermons with appropriately-timed discharges from two
large Tesla coils.  His sermons didn't persuade me but I have vividly
remembered his props.  So finally, after 60 years of meaning to get
around to it, I'm "doing" t.c.'s.

Does anyone else remember those events?

Ken Herrick
Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.