[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Streamer growth and filming it all (was Re: Corona andSphere- Puzzle -addition)

The channel is visible even in the earliest stages, even though it is not
brightly luminous.  Essentially, air doesn't really start to conduct until
it is around 5000K, by which time it is nice and visible. The curve of
temperature vs conductivity has a real "step" in it. There are plenty of
photographs of the leader and streamers (before the spark) in the various
books, so it must be luminous enough to record (of course, a goodly part of
them use image intensifiers).