[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: variac brushes

Nick, Make your own. That is what I have done. Find a electric motor
manufacturer or repair shop and ask them if they will sell you any large
brushes. I found two large brushes (5/8"X1"X3") for $3 each. Just file out
the brass holder, and shave the brush down so it fits snugly. My 15 amp
variac is routinely used at 20 amps (limited by my circuit breaker) without
problems.

Regards,

David Trimmell