[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Theory (Was Bipolar Coil)-Heretical view

to: Terry

I would disagree with your comment on resistance.  The driver coil must have
a very high Q factor which of course requires low resistance.  The
magnifier, or third coil, on the other hand, does not have to be a high Q
coil --- that's why R. Hull's small wire type closewound coils work so well
as a magnifier/resonator.  The driver coil must have the highest possible Q
not so much from a potential multiplier standpoint, but mainly from a
current source standpoint.  The highest possible drive current is desireable
in the driver inductor to feed the bottom of the magnifier or resonator
inductor.  You can not achieve this high value of drive current if the
resistance of the wire is too high.  Spacing winding the copper tubing in
the lower part of the driver inductor also produces less destructive effects
from inter-turn capacitance.  The space winding of course also provides
adequate insulation from flashover.

Regards,

Dr.Resonance