[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wireless Energy Transmission

>If you want to move energy around, you need a way that doesn't spread out:
>for ElectroMagnetic energy, it is called either a conductor (a wire) or a
>waveguide, depending on the propagation means. Or, as is actually done, you
>move the energy in another form (i.e. chemical energy in the form of
>oil/gas/coal).

As far as I see it the inverse square law is one of the biggest
disadvantages to wireless. And then the higher frequencies like microwave
wich are more easy to confine into a 'beam' are more dangerous and cannot be
used for these applications. But what of Tesla's ideas? I am no expert on
these ideas, so I wont go into great detail. Radio waves loose power by the
inv sq law, and maybe due to the fact that their real purpose is to cary
information. But what if these waves were resonant? I.e. you can transmit on
5MHz or 5GHz here on earth, but is one better than the other? Are niether
good? Wasnt Tesla going to use the earth as like an antenna...hard to write
in words. An EM wave travels around the earth 7 times a second - or there
abouts(dont remember the exact number). Wasn't it Tesla's idea to use this
'natural' resonant by transmitting a 7Hz wave around the earth. The wave
would continue to gain energy with time, not loose it. the way I envisioned
this : you have a transmitter which is one point on the side of the globe.
The transmitter sends out an omni-directional pulse that you could think of
as a ring that expands out around the globe, until at passes the center,
then contracts and forms a point on the opposite side of the globe directly
opposite the original transmitter - I think this point is called an
anti-pode? Then the pulse is 'reflected'<? and once again expands around the
earth and re-converges at the exact original transmitter point. Just as it
re-converges on this point, the transmitter pulses again and the process
starts over. This would be a resonant effect, each cycle the wave would be
pulsed at the exact time, just like in Tesla coils. Theoreticaly, the wave
could resonate like this and attain great magnitude? I dont know how a load
would effect this, or if there was a special layer of the ionesphere that
this needed to take place in. Has anyone else heard of this 7Hz world
transmitter?

Tristan Stewart

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com