[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Theory (Was Bipolar Coil)-Heretical view

	In my post, I accidently said secondary when I should have said primary.
I meant to say that the secondary resistance, as long as it is reasonable,
does not have a great effect on the system.  However, primary resistance is
VERY important and must be minimized with all reasonable efforts.  I think
we agree, but I just typed too fast...

	Terry

At 11:25 AM 5/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>to: Terry
>
>I would disagree with your comment on resistance.  The driver coil must have
>a very high Q factor which of course requires low resistance.  The
>magnifier, or third coil, on the other hand, does not have to be a high Q
>coil --- that's why R. Hull's small wire type closewound coils work so well
>as a magnifier/resonator.  The driver coil must have the highest possible Q
>not so much from a potential multiplier standpoint, but mainly from a
>current source standpoint.  The highest possible drive current is desireable
>in the driver inductor to feed the bottom of the magnifier or resonator
>inductor.  You can not achieve this high value of drive current if the
>resistance of the wire is too high.  Spacing winding the copper tubing in
>the lower part of the driver inductor also produces less destructive effects
>from inter-turn capacitance.  The space winding of course also provides
>adequate insulation from flashover.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dr.Resonance