[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Theory (Was Bipolar Coil)-Heretical view

Hi Terry, All,
    220000 Ohms with 5 pF gives an RC time constant of 1.1
microseconds.  The waveforms for your coil and Greg's coil show
streamer current spikes faster than that.

Last year's post about my measurements and Greg Leyh's electrum
measurements, determined that his giant coil and my test coil were
both
driving the same arc impedance which was equivalent to ~220000 ohms in
series with a 5pF cap.  This was remarkable in that our two systems
have
vastly different power levels but seemed to be seeing the same load
impedance.  The equivalent cap and resistor load has been used in many
models that accurately simulate the load on the system. Interestingly,
it
seems to be fairly linear and time-invariant.

Terry