[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: transformer design

At 22:17 17/05/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Erik Schulz" <Gradient-at-mail.utexas.edu>
>
>Hi,
>    I did a few calculations and if you use your chokes as transformer cores
>they should be good for 2.6-11.7 kva.  I don't know what the exact value is
>since I don't know what material it is.  If you can find out the density of
>the
>core.  Say 3 significant figures.  I could look up what kind of material it
>is.

thanks Erik,
	As I am limited to 32 amps max on my power supply, 5 or 6  kva sounds
about. I did read somewhere (a long time ago) that you can measure the
magnetic property  of your laminations using a scope and a  hand wound coil
in some sort of bridge configuration. I seem to remember a figure between
0.7 and 1.2 being important?  Does anyone have any details on this. Is it
worth the trouble to find out or should I just go for an average. The
laminations are 0.5 mm ( 19 thou thick. )

thanks to everyone for the info on transformers. I will post details of my
design when I have read though all the stuff I have got so  far and come up
with a design.

ttyl

bob golding