[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Successful run!, rotary gap questions

	I probably should have described the coil a bit better.  The secondary is a
4.25" PVC pipe wound 18" with 28 gauge wire.  I have one static gap, two
bolts with flat heads (toilet hardware), and a small 12v fan blowing on the
gap.  The fan is surprisingly helpful.  I am thinking of making a rotary
gap, but I am wondering what the difference is between a synchronous, and
non synchronous?  Can I use a standard 125vac 1/4 hp. motor?  How many
points should I have on the disc?  Thank you for the responses, and I plan
on adding a few more turns to the primary (boy, the pipe is expensive!).
Once again, thank you

-Andy