[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need more help.

I am still working on my TC project and need some more help.

Does anyone have any data on the resistance of nichrome wire.  I think
nichrome is spelled wrong.

I found several heat sinks at the scrap yard with several power transistors
paralleled on the heat sinks.  The Emitters are connected in parallel with
what appears to be a piece of .065 diameter nichrome wire.  I figure the
nichrome wire serves at a resistor for each trasistor.  If this is true I
will not have to buy several .1 ohm resistors for each transistor emitter.
It is 1.125" between each solder connection.

Is there any way to tell if this wire is really nichrome wire?

I checked the wire with an ohm meter and got zero resistance across a length
of about 5" using a cheap $15.00 ohm meter. The meter is accurate enough to
read a 1 ohm resistor.

I can't find the transistor number in any of my books.  Thats OK I can
replace them with my other transistors if they all fry after I try them.

Gary Weaver