[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

It's alive, It's alive.

Finally got my coil put together Sunday and fired her up. It is a 4 in.
secondary -at- 20 inch long. The primary is 4 ga. silid copper wire, 12 turns.
The cap for the tank circuit ie a rolled polyethlyne -at- .005 uf. The NST is
15 KV -at- 30 ma. The toroid is 4 in. aluminum duct covered with aluminum tape
. the outside diameter is 20 in.
   When running with 120 v into NST, I only get the occasional spark about 4
in. long. If I put a nail taped to side of toroid, I get really pretty 14-16
in. purple sparks.
   Question, Is my toroid too large?? I also think I need to add a few more
turns to my primary. I am tapped all the way out at turn 12 now, and sparks
were getting longer all the time.
   Well, at least it works. Am looking forward to more experimenting to get
tuning right.
Many thanks to all those that gave input and comments to my other questions.
   I'll keep all informad as things progress.

Thanx again
George Stein