[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cameras and TCs

On Wed, 05 May 1999 11:48:59 -0600 In the Tesla List
Justin Hennigan <justinh-at-interlaced-dot-net> wrote;

>Question for the list members:
>
>What would be a good fully manual camera for taking tesla coil
>pictures?  I took some pictures a couple of years ago, and fried
>an Olympus IS-3DLX from 30 feet.  I now have a Nikon N70 and I'd
>like to keep it.

Hi Justin, I have used everything from old box cameras to my Licaflex SLR
and
more recently my Canon highband 8 camcorder and NEVER had any problems
even at 15 feet from a 10 killowatt coil! The trick is I ALWAYS put the
camera in a well grounded Faraday cage made of brass screening (iron or
aluminum works fine too). The screening when only a fraction of an inch
in
front of the camera lens wont show up in the image at all.

                                            Sincerely

                                       Alfred A. Skrocki Sr.
                                    Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-juno-dot-com
                                    AlfredSkrocki-at-NetZero-dot-net

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]