[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync motor mod, 4 flats ?

Hi Richie,

Sounds like the 2 flats are locking to the line frequency quite
well. I'm no expert at this, but yes, I have ground flats on an
induction motor for sync operation. I ground 4 flats, and it
spins precisely at 1800 rpm (60Hz) as read on a digital tach. If
I load it too much, it will fall out of sync and continually try
to come back in. It's a 1/3 hp motor. Since you have 2 flats
ground, I would think it is locking half the time, but it sounds
like that's enough based on your comments. Because your motor is
1/8 hp, I wouldn't load it too much (regardless of 2 or 4 flats
ground).

Bart