[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

spark gap construction

Hi

   I'm planning to build an adjustible series gap. I have not
seen any plans like this. The plan is as follows:

   I will have about 8 pieces of copper pipe (4 x 1/2) nailed
onto two boards (1 x 2). The spacing will be about .025" between
each pipe. There will be a screw in the end of one board and the
other board will be screwed down. The end screw is used for
adjusting the distance between pipes.

   This will allow me to adjust the gap width (tune) while
running the coil. It will also allow me to tune very finely (asuming
that there  is no slack in the system).

   Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any suggestions?
   Just wanted to let the list know what I'm doing.

Ian

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com