[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coupling stress plot

Hi All,

	I have posted a stress plot and excel97 file at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/astress.gif

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/astress.xls

I am not sure if this really means anything but...

I calculated the coupling between my primary and 1/2 inch sections along
the length of my secondary.  This basically is the coupling vs. distance
along my coil.  I then multiplied this by a sine function that would tend
to indicate the voltage distribution along the coil.  There is a sharp peak
in the graph 19% up the coils length.  Perhaps this would indicate where
the most voltage stress would occur and where racing arcs would be most
likely to start.  I would suspect that the arcs would start around 15
percent and up to 50% up the length of the coil from this chart.

Take all this with a BIG grain of salt though...

	Terry