[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary winding

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Christopher Michaelis <cmichael-at-xmission-dot-com>
>
> Hi --
>
> I'm trying to use 1/4" copper tubing as my primary coil, but it isn't
> working well. I can't get it to bend smoothly - it looks pitiful.

Lacking any other tools, simply fill the tubing with fine sand
before bending.  compact the sand using some sort of vibrator (an
engraving tool is ideal) and crimp the ends shut to maintain
compaction.  This makes the tubing act like a solid and keeps it
from kinking.  For this application, you could probably even leave
the sand in the tubing after you're finished bending.

John
--
John De Armond
johngd-at-bellsouth-dot-net