[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Manly saltwater caps

These bottles would seem ideal , as long as there are not any 'thin spots' near
the edges of the mouldings. Surface area=excellent. Thickness should be good
with maybe 3 or 4 in series? Oh, the saltwater is a conductor, so make it as
saturated as possible. Mercury would be amazing but it is expensive, would
weigh about 1/2 ton per bottle and is nasty stuff. The roll of foil is a good
idea, should lower the ESR a bit. My safety caps are wine bottles, foil on
outside, foil dipping in water (topped with transformer oil) on inside. So far
they are fine.

Alex