[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Home Built Transformer Core

 I'm building a LARGE transformer core from some a lot of smaller cores by
cleaning up and removing the laminations. These parts will go into two large
trays that are shaped like a traditional  " E I " core. The laminations will be
put into the trays and bound together with epoxy resin in layers until the tray
is filled. The seperation of the laminations by the epoxy should cut down on
eddy currents in the core. Is there anyone on the list that is familiar with
transformer construction?
  After the core is built I plan to wind the core with 8 guage for the primary,
and 21 or 22 guage for the secondaries (two). I'm shooting for 20Kv -at- 10 Kva.

Frankensteins Helper

    Max