[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Plans for layered cap

Jorghe:  you can go to my site (http://www.access1-dot-net/mycroft) to get a
look
at my stacked caps in finished order.

I used 6mil sheets of PE, with aluminum foil. 5 sheets of PE between
each pair of foil. Lexan endplates with a homebrew strapping system to hold
it tight. The caps are actually strings of 3 caps in series. (The big one
is a *real* hybrid. 3x30 mil in series, in parallel with 2x42mil in series)
They have worked great with, in order of the last 18 months:
12KV 30ma, 12KV 60ma, and 14.4KV 200ma (estimated)

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net