[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Forced Air (was: Re. need some input)

Hi Gary, all,

<snip>
> I suspect that the optimal static gap configuration may lie somewhere
> between a single gap (lowest gap losses but worst quenching) and 10-12
> gaps (better quenching but higher gap losses).  And since the individual
> gaps would be necessarily large, forced air would be important.  So many
> things to try, so little time...
>
> Regards, Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA

As expt shows, best has to be a sync rotary. The gap is actually
closing during dwell and lowering losses as it does so as the
maintaining voltage goes down. A single gap = minimum voltage drop
for a given total gap spacing and a single close gap = best from a
loss point of view.

?
Malcolm