[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

  Ross -

  I agree that the 150 Khz wave would not affect the compass if it was a
symmetrical sine wave. But what if, as Tesla mentioned, the wave was not
symmetrical?

  The RF induction heating around an operating TC apparently affects any
metal in the vicinity of the coil. Do you believe this current is what
energizes an incandescent lamp with a wire antenna held near the coil? How
would you consider this a closed circuit?

  John Couture

At 10:46 PM 3/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Ross W. Overstreet" <ross-o-at-mindspring-dot-com>
>
>How could the slow dynamics of a compass react to a magnetic (inductive) field
>changing at 150 Khz?
>
>I have seen the effects of the inductive field 1st hand.  I used a 7" hose
>clamp
>to attach my ground strap to the base of my secondary.  It got so hot that it
>melted half way through my 6" SDR pipe!  I'm assuming that it got hot from
IR^2