[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

John,

Personally, I find this discussion very relevant; but then again
I'm not the EE type this list seems well populated by.

I was actually looking for the Id equation, myself; Thank You

If I am applying the concept correctly, (no guarantee of that)
the equation implies phase shifted Id coaxial to I(real).

However, dE/dt is max as E crosses zero.
So I and Id are coherent.
However this applies only to the inductor,
in the situation of the TC toroid there must be (IMHO)
a longitudinal Id to ground plane as well as a radial
Id from space charge.

But the only one that would
conceivably not have a coherent I(real)
would be the last one.