[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

need some input

my first tc was a bugzapper getting 2 1/2 inch sparks i was amazed at the
results i got with no planning! the next one will have some design
configuration to it. i just wanted it to work good the first time with my nst.
and not fry anything up :-)
well i have a nst on hand 12k/30ma. i wanted to see if a few things mattered or
not?
1, safty gap setting should be gaped just far enough that there is no spark,
and between the terminals should be a good rf ground.
2,do i need more than one set of gaps?
3,should the safty gap be as close as possable to the xformer?
4, is it a good idea to shield the xformer?
5, can i put the xformer to close to the coil?
SPARK GAP
is there a good configuration to start with.
more than one gap?
RF CHOKES
do i really need them?
whats a good Mh/Uh